- Common Batteries: The best way to pack an emergency energy kit is to prepare for anything. Start with household batteries—try to include at least one package of every type. You never know what kind of electronics you’ll need in an emergency, and medical items like hearing aids may become indispensable. Be sure to pack extra packages of commonly used types like AA and 9V.
- Extra Flashlights: Power outages can be especially dangerous at night, as limited vision can make your household dangerous. That’s why your emergency energy kit should include numerous flashlights with charged batteries. Try to pack one flashlight for every member of the household. Dealing with an emergency will be considerably easier (and safer) if every family member can safely navigate your home.
- Self-Powered Electronics: Your emergency energy kit should also prepare you for long-term power outages. In cases like these, you’ll need a way to charge lithium-powered devices like smartphones. Consider adding a solar-powered device charger to your kit to keep your phones active. Alternatively, crank-powered electronics can be a big help during an emergency. A hand-powered radio, for example, can keep your family connected to emergency broadcasts despite a long-term power outage.
- Portable Generators: These gas-powered generators convert mechanical energy into useable electric energy, much like your car’s alternator. Portable generators can deliver over 10,000 watts of electricity and power multiple appliances at once. In cases when a power outage emergency could leave your family stranded for weeks, a portable generator will be invaluable.
Power outages and natural disasters can leave your family in the dark, literally. But being prepared for an electrical emergency is a breeze. Consult these tips to make sure your emergency energy kit is fully stocked with batteries and other essential supplies.
Battery Pros has everything you need to create the perfect emergency energy kit. Visit us online or call (781) 932-0076 to learn more about our inventory of household and automotive batteries.
Do you like Battery Pros All Battery Centers?
Free Battery Tests for all automotive batteries! Just bring in your battery to our garage and we'll take care of the rest. Your official location for Interstate Batteries. The #1 rated, #1 selling brand in America! All batteries come with a full warranty.
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Wednesday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Thursday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Friday
- 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday